August 6 – Diana did a socially distant book signing at Bethany Beach Books. What a wonderful way to experience “normal” once again!
A big thank you to Suzanne and Steve Marcales for their continued support of SITO. (Pic is at Coffee Beanery on 94th Street in Ocean City. Signing on June 3, 2018.)
My family, the McDonoughs! We always make a crowd of our own. This was at the Bethany Book Store signing in Bethany Beach, DE on June 1, 2018.
I will be doing a meet and greet at Lindsford Clubhouse, on March 15, 2018, and then will return in September to attend their book club meeting (Lindsford Community Book Club). A special thank you to Kaalin Fullilove for setting everything in motion.
SITO is stocked at P.J. Boox Bookstore.
Invitation to Book Clubs
“Meet and discuss Stuck in the Onesies” with your book club. You can email me at email@example.com or message me on Facebook.
List of stores stocking Stuck in the Onesies:
- Hilton, Ocean City, MD
- Coffee Beanery, 94th Street, Ocean City
- Castaways RV Campground, Ocean City
- Sundial Bookstore, Chincoteague, VA
- The Brant Gift Shop, Chincoteague, VA
- Egret Moon, Chincoteague, VA
- Art League, Ocean City, MD
- Java Bean Coffee Shop/Grand Hotel, Ocean City, MD
- Coastal Drug Pharmacy & Coffee Shop, Berlin MD
- Kendall Furniture, Ocean City, MD
- Browse About Books in Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Java Beach Cafe, Grand Hotel, Ocean City, MD
- Coffee Beanery, 94th Street, Ocean City, MD
- Bethany Beach Books, Bethany Beach, DE
- Hilton Hotel, Ocean City, MD
- Sundial Books, Chincoteague, VA
- Brant Giftshop, Chincoteague, VA
- Barb’s Giftshop, Salisbury, MD
Stuck In The Onesies – PAPERBACK AND KINDLE
Welcome to Diana’s website and, “From the Hammock,” blog. In her first novel, “Stuck in the Onesies,” that was published in January, 2017. Where she tells the story of two women raising kids and husbands in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. in the turbulent 1960s.
Stuck in the Onesies will give your spirit a lift, your face a good laugh, and your history-buff side a tap on the shoulder.
You’ll fall in love with Barb and Ellie, two housewives raising kids in the tumultuous 60’s in the D.C. suburbs. Their antics make Lucy and Ethel look tame. The husbands, Jake and Will, are also as close as brothers and the friendship becomes more like family than friends. It’s the story of their close relationships, and how they evolve along with the times without the bra-burning activities that swirl around them.
Stuck in the Onesies is more than just a story of two families. The issues of the 60’s are intertwined, racism, women’s rights, the Viet Nam war, just to name a few. Southern roots ran deep and in the ‘60’s (even north of the Mason Dixon line) and those roots were dug up and exposed. The story shows some of its evolution through its characters as well as the events of the decade. Stuck in the Onesies will help you to understand the struggles on both sides and how as a society, we tried to bring equality to everyone. Sometimes we succeeded, and sometimes not. You decide.